What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction aka ED also referred to as importance, is the inability to get or maintain a penile erection, firm enough to sustain sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction is the number one killer of sexual intimacy between couples and has ravaged several relationships beyond repair. Men who experience the problem may be reluctant to talk about it even to their doctor. Most of them see it as an embarrassing issue and make them feel half a man. They rather live with the unknown or in denial than face the naked truth. Occasional Erectile dysfunction is common with many men and isn’t necessarily an issue to worry about. However, persistent ED signals a problem and isn’t something that should be taken for granted.
Erectile Dysfunction Causes – What causes ED?
ED has several causes and can be classified into three broad categories including physical, medical and psychological.
Physical Causes of ED
- Surgery and Injuries: Surgical treatment and injuries to the penis, pelvis, and the surrounding areas can easily cause erectile dysfunction. People who have had severe head injury also experience ED.
- Vasculogenic condition including: Cardiovascular disease also is known as the disease of the heart like atherosclerosis that’s characterized by hardening of the arteries. Hypertension, commonly known as high blood pressure Diabetes which is a condition characterized by high blood sugar levels that affect the flow of blood to the penis
- Neurogenic conditions including: Multiple sclerosis that’s a condition that affects the body’s actions like balance and movement Parkinson’s disease which is a condition that affects the brain’s coordination with the body movements such as walking, writing and talking Spinal disorder or injuryStroke that’s serious condition resulting from interruption of blood supply to the brain
- Hormonal condition like hypogonadism which is a condition affecting the production of male sex hormone known as testosterone that’s characterized by abnormally low levels of testosterone Hyperthyroidism or an overactive thyroid gland which is a condition characterized by over production of thyroid hormone. Hypothyroidism which is the condition whereby there is underactive thyroid gland thus less thyroid hormone is produced
- Peyronie’s disease
Medication Causes of ED
Certain medication can also cause erectile dysfunction. This includes those that are used to treat
- high blood pressure, kidney disease and heart failure
- fibrates which are drugs used to reduce cholesterol levels
- antipsychotics drugs used to treat certain mental health conditions, like schizophrenia
- Antidepressants for treating depression
- Corticosteroids medications containing steroids
- Stomach ulcer medications
- anticonvulsants drugs for treating epilepsy
- antihistamines drugs for treating allergic health conditions like hay fever
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
When a man becomes sexually aroused or excited, his brain triggers the nerves in the penis causing increased blood flow to the penis, resulting in penile erection and stiffening. Anything that interferes with the blood circulation, the nervous system or sexual desire can cause erectile dysfunction. The symptoms can thus be closely linked with anything that causes persistent
- Trouble getting an erection which is characterized by abnormally taking too much time to get a stiff erection and the partner might have as well lost interest
- Trouble keeping an erection or otherwise attaining erection that lasts only for seconds and mostly would never penetrate a partner
- Reduced sexual desire even if aroused the entire day for a couple of months
- Pelvic muscle training or Kegel exercise: This type of exercise may be helpful for treating or containing ED and other pelvic related health issues. In particular, Kegel exercises help to strengthen the bulbocavernosus muscle. Bulbocavernosus muscle allows the penis to engorge with blood as it attains an erection and during ejaculation, as well as emptying the urethra after urinating. Kegel exercise involves stopping your stream severally in the middle of urination. The very muscles clenched in this exercise are the ones vital to elongate the erection during sexual intercourse. The exercise is performed by squeezing the muscles, holding them for five seconds and then relaxing them during urination. This should be repeated ten to twenty times at least 2 – 3 times a day.
- Aerobic Exercise: This includes working the muscles beyond the pelvic floor. The exercise can also help combat erectile dysfunction. Walking Even brisk walking for only 30 minutes a day, for 3 – 4 times a week can impact positively on one’s ED.
Natural Remedies for Erectile dysfunction – What are the Home remedies for ED?
These are the most common and widely used home remedies that have worked for many in eliminating ED. They are widely used across the globe and have been proven scientifically to work wonders. They include,
- Arginine: Arginine is found in natural food including grains, seeds, red meat, poultry, fish and wheat among other foodstuffs. Arginine is known to relax blood vessels and is mostly used to treat heart-related problems. It can boost blood circulation to the penis if frequently taken for a considerable period.
- Cayenne pepper and garlic: This is a natural combination that’s extremely powerful and is highly recommended as a natural treatment for ED. This combination works so well because cayenne pepper increases blood circulation throughout the body. This includes the genital area, and garlic helps in dilating blood vessels as well as improving blood flow. When combined, the two become a very potent mixture for treating erectile dysfunction, lowering blood pressure as well as treating high cholesterol level.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile dysfunction(ED) treatment is possible at any age, and various degree of success has been achieved. The most common treatment method includes;
- Lifestyle Change: An overall change of lifestyle for ED may be all that one needs to achieve and sustain a stronger erection. This includes quitting smoking, shedding off excess weight as obesity is also one of the leading causes of ED, embracing physical activity; discontinue drug and alcohol abuse, working through stressful issues including marital and financial ones.
- Erectile dysfunction vacuum: This is a penis pump and has so far worked well for several men with ED problem.
- Erectile Dysfunction Pills: There are several pill/supplements in the market which claims to get rid of ED issues.
- Implants: Penile implants or penile prostheses can offer a lasting solution to ED. The method has been used with lots of success and is among the highly recommended treatment for ED.
- Surgery: Surgery is known to improve the blood circulation to the penis, thus enhancing one’s ability to attain and sustain an erection.
Erectile Dysfunction Supplements
At whichever angle one looks at it, Vigrx Plus has been highly efficient and effective and is highly credited for spicing up the sex life of numerous people who had already given up on sex. Vigrx Plus has had a higher measure of success and no wonder it’s one of the highly recommended treatment for ED. Be sure to revive your dead sex life with every single pill of Vigrx Plus you take. Some of the most notable advantages of Vigrx Plus as a male sex enhancement tablet include;
- Making your manhood bigger than normal thus able to satisfy your partner who might be dying to get the same.
- It doesn’t have to be ingested with food, and there are no stringent measures attached before it’s taken
- It will without a doubt significantly enables you to have a wild sex drive you’ve never had before.
- It would ensure that your intercourse lasts longer and longer till you and your partner are satisfied
- It would give you the strongest orgasms you have never experience before.
- Be sure to enjoy multiple orgasms that you have only dreamt of
- It’s a sure cure for all erection problems and thus a relationship and marital saver.