Melabic is being advertised as a revolutionary natural formula that stabilizes blood sugar levels. It’s a product aimed at improving the condition of patients with diabetes who want to lead a healthy life. It is completely natural, without any side effects, and available in capsule form for ease of administration of active ingredients.
Company Behind Melabic
Melabic is the brain child of E Global Natural Health Inc. which specializes in formulating and manufacturing natural health care products. Another noteworthy product of this company is Neurabic which provides relief in diabetic neuropathy and helps improve overall neural function and co-ordination. Both these products are manufactured in USA and are FDA approved.
Herculean claims have been made regarding Melabic by the parent company on its official website. Key effects of this drug as marketed are as follows:
- Lowers insulin levels and blood sugar levels
- Reduces cholesterol and triglycerides
- Helps in blood pressure reduction
- Makes one more energetic
- Helps reducing heart disease risk owing to reduction in cholesterol and triglycerides.
Key ingredients of Melabic are:
- Gymnema sylvestre: Leaf extract of this plant suppresses blood glucose levels and increases insulin secretion. Immediate effect of placing leaf on tongue is that it eliminates sensation of sweetness.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA): Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) helps in glycolysis and preventing glycation. It is also a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Cinnamon: It’s a popular Asian spice that is known to have medicinal properties, said to promote healthy blood sugar levels while reducing cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Fenugreek: Another herb that’s mostly used in Mediterranean, Ukraine and India, it is also known to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Zinc, Chromium and Biotin: Zinc is necessary for insulin production, chromium for boosting metabolism and biotin for improving fasting blood sugar levels while promoting carbohydrate metabolism.
- Banaba Leaf: A plant native to Philippines, it’s leaves are known to lower blood sugar levels.
- Bitter Melon: Consumed all over Asia as a popular vegetable, it belongs to Cucurbitaceae family. It also lowers blood sugar levels.
How Does Melabic Work?
Melabic is a concoction of natural ingredients which helps in lowering blood sugar levels by increasing carbohydrate metabolism. That’s its main function. It also lowers insulin levels along with lowering blood glucose levels.
Apart from acting on glucose levels, it reduces cholesterol and triglycerides owing to presence of cinnamon and ALA. With optimum blood sugar levels and lowered LDL levels, it boosts one’s energy levels.
Melabic’s advantage lies in it being completely natural. So one naturally considers it to be a safe choice. Its pros can be summed up as:
- It is made entirely of naturally derived ingredients.
- Some of the ingredients are easily available and consumed on a large basis as flavoring substances and vegetable.
- It is easily available on its official website.
There are more disadvantages as opposed to benefits of Melabic, including:
- Melabic lacks significant backing of authentic clinical trials to prove all its claims.
- It is easily available on website which means it can be taken over-the-counter without knowing about possible side effects and conditions in which the above mentioned ingredients can prove to be harmful.
- There are certain contradictions to taking this medication which are not mentioned on official website.
- False claims are advertised on website without a legitimate clinical trial.
- No scientific study backs its claim of reducing risks of heart disease.
Its effect on reduction of blood sugar levels through its active ingredients is somewhat controversial. Official website promotes indirectly that there is no need to take insulin with this product which is controversial as well. It’s effect on weight loss is unclear.
Where to buy Melabic?
Even though the company states clearly that Melabic is only available at its official website by placing an order online, Amazon deals in Melabic as well. In fact, it offers a combo pack of Melabic and Neurabic which are advertised as a complete diabetes treatment when taken together.
Is Melabic a Scam?
Clearly, it’s a case of taking advantage of people’s liking towards anything that’s herbal. Partly because what’s herbal and natural is considered safe, but it’s not the case always.
Natural ingredients can have grave side effects which are not mentioned anywhere and it’s being marketed as a safe product. Moreover, there aren’t enough clinical trials to prove its claims.
Melabic Side Effects
- Gymnema can cause acute lowering of blood sugar levels which can cause hypoglycemia, a condition that can even be fatal. It’s contraindicated for breast feeding and pregnant ladies.
- ALA as opposed to what’s advertised can actually increase blood glucose levels and is contraindicated for diabetes patients, breast feeding and pregnant ladies. It can also lower thiamine levels in the body.
- Other ingredients are also not to be taken or taken under supervision when breast feeding or pregnant.
In the conclusion, it won’t be wrong to say that Melabic is a herbal preparation that can be taken as a supplement to daily dose of insulin and that too under supervision and after consulting your physician.
Under no circumstances it should be taken without your doctor’s prescription. One should not fall for the hollow claims made on official website as these are not evidence based. Steer clear of this product if you are happy with how your current prescribed medication for diabetes is working.