Ionamin is a prescription-only medication that is claimed to curb exogenous obesity. It is available in yellow capsules of 15mg and 30 mg.
Ionamin capsules contain Phentermine Resin as an active ingredient. Individuals taking Ionamin capsules are required to adopt a program of regular workout and healthy diet.
Who manufactures Ionamin?
Ionamin is manufactured by Celltech Pharmaceuticals, Incorporation Rochester, New York. The company was founded in 1980, and it operates as a subsidiary of Celltech Group Inc.
However, the company is thought to use dangerous semi-legal ingredients in the manufacture of their products.
Claims of Ionamin
- Long-term weight loss results
- It boosts metabolism thus can improve your overall performance in sports and other activities
- It suppresses appetite
- Increased energy levels
Ionamin is thought to contain a blend of untested and untried ingredients. This is why it does not guarantee credible results. Among the ingredients included are Phentermine, Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, titanium dioxide, lactose, iron oxides, and Dibasic calcium phosphate. The potent ingredient in Ionamin is Phentermine and comes in various strength levels.
How does Ionamin Work?
Ionamin is said to suppress the feelings of hunger by targeting the central nervous system. It purportedly enhances the release of norepinephrine and dopamine from the nerve endings that help to reduce hunger pangs.
However, Ionamin has similar chemical composition as that of amphetamine. Therefore, it can be a habit-forming pill if taken for long. Patients taking Ionamin should observe the prescriptions of their doctors.
Pros of using Ionamin
- It provides a prolonged and intense anorexigenic effect thus helping you to stick to a hypocaloric diet and reduce hunger and food cravings throughout your day.
- It helps to normalize metabolism and lose extra weight through the adoption of a healthy diet.
- It is also claimed to bring energy boost allowing you to focus on sporting activities.
- The ingredients are not clinically tested or tried thus may not look any safer to use. In fact, it can be fatal to some users.
- It can be addictive when used for an extended period.
- It is more likely to cause several undesirable side effects.
- It causes short-term weight loss results making it not suitable for those looking for long-term results.
The results differ from one person to another thus one should seek doctor’s approval. Certain conditions make you susceptible to side effects.
Where can you buy Ionamin?
The retail sale of Ionamin in the United States was discontinued in the early 80’s. However, you can still buy it online if you are based in the UK and other countries. If you are ordering it online, consider that the site is licensed and sells safe and controlled drugs.
Is Ionamin a Scam?
First, the ingredients used in the manufacture of Ionamin are unapproved. They are semi-legal and does not guarantee credible weight loss results. Besides, it comes with several side effects that can be deadly to some individuals. It does more harm than good, and we can say it is a scam.
Ionamin side effects can include:
- Taking it regularly can lead to life-threatening allergies and seizures
- Excessive energy
- Breathing difficulties
- Feelings of lightheadedness
- Heart valve abnormalities
- Swelling in the ankle region
- Dryness of the mouth
- Swings in the sex drive and mood
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Headaches and fatigue
- Increased blood pressure
- Unpleasant taste and more
Ionamin is an over-the-counter drug or prescription-only drug. It is prone to abuse and can be very addictive. Doctor’s prescription is recommended for proper dosage if you must use this drug. In case of overdose or severe side effects, you should seek medical attention.
It is not an approved drug, and you should not rely on it for weight loss.